Established in 1993, the Ceramic Arts Association of WA (CAAWA) is a not for profit organisation run by members aiming to promote all aspects of hand made pottery and ceramic sculpture to anyone with an interest in the subject.
- To promote among practitioners and non-practitioners the production and appreciation of ceramics and to act as an umbrella group to represent their interests.
- To raise the profile of clay within the community – culturally, educationally, politically and socially.
- To encourage the sharing of ideas, activities and information pertaining to ceramics and to develop strategies and structures for their implementation.
- To promote and facilitate the marketing of work of those practising in ceramics in Western Australia.
- To promote ceramics education, at all levels, within the state and to facilitate the transition from student to practitioner.
- To encourage balanced, critical evaluation and writing concerning ceramics.
- To liaise with other Australian and international ceramics associations in order to develop a comprehensive vision.