Benefits & details of membership
The committee is run by a group of volunteers who are elected each year at the annual general meeting
• To meet others involved in ceramics, and to share information and expertise
• To support and promote Western Australian ceramics and professional ceramic practice
• To enjoy the substantial membership benefits. The annual membership fee is tax deductible for teachers and practising professionals
• A quarterly PYRE newsletter with free ceramic-related advertising for members. Plus regular emailed Bulletins.
• The opportunity to participate in members’ exhibitions
• Representation on the Website
• Take part in workshops organised by CAAWA at a reduced fee
• Discounts on certain items at The Potter’s Market on production of current CAAWA membership card
• Attend the CAAWA Study Group
• Being part of a group of like-minded people
Who can be a member?
Membership is open to everyone interested in ceramics.
Membership is for one year from 1st July - 30th June (due 1st July each year): -
Full Membership – annual fee $ 60.-
Open to practising professionals, teachers, students, curators, writers and all enthusiasts and supporters of ceramics. Full members are entitled to all privileges of membership including voting and the opportunity to participate in sales, workshops and exhibitions; representation on our Website; quarterly newsletter, PYRE with free advertising; membership card (allowing for certain discounts at Potter’s Market & Jackson’s Ceramics on production of current CAAWA membership card); attend Study Group meetings.
Student Membership - annual fee $ 35.-
Open to full-time undergraduate ceramics students and apprentices. Students have discounted full
membership. A copy of the Student ID card must accompany the annual membership fee.
Group Membership - annual fee $ 120.-
Open to ceramic groups, suppliers, institutions, galleries and retail outlets who support the Association. A Group has one vote at the AGM; receives quarterly newsletter, PYRE with free advertising for ceramic events (and emailed Bulletins). At exhibitions, two Group members have the opportunity to participate. Two members can attend workshops at a reduced fee. Some discounts apply at certain ceramic suppliers. Representation on the Website and on the dedicated web page for groups. Attend Study Group meetings.
Associate Membership - annual fee $ 35.-
Open to clay artists, collectors, and others who support the programs and activities of the Association. Associate members will receive the quarterly newsletter, PYRE plus emailed Bulletins but have no voting privileges and cannot participate in exhibitions organised by the Association